Old 09-15-10, 12:05 PM
myrridin
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JeremyLC
So, logical fallacy it is, AND a strawman (I NEVER ONCE blamed the child). I don't understand why you're so adamant about beating me up over this.

You finally admit that is NOT entirely my fault, but only in passing. I didn't post here to be beaten up and made to feel even MORE guilty. So, either say something constructive, or say nothing.
People are beating you up (to use your term) because you don't seem to see a problem with doing 20mph around a blind corner. You wanted constructive advice, you've been given it, ride slow enough to be able to stop should something unexpected occur. Yet, you continue to act as if such advice is an attack. Even on a MUP, doing 20mph is fine provided you have enough sight distance to anticipate obstacles. Slowing when near unpredictable pedestrians, is one of those MUP rules you keep referring to. Also, going slower around a blind corner is for your benefit, not the pedestrians, because as I have said before you could just as easily have collided with a fallen tree branch.