View Single Post
Old 09-16-10, 04:24 PM
Chombi

Bikes: 1986 Alan Record Carbonio, 1985 Vitus Plus Carbone 7, 1984 Peugeot PSV, 1972 Line Seeker, 1986(est.) Medici Aerodynamic (Project), 1985(est.) Peugeot PY10FC

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked 34 Times in 27 Posts
Originally Posted by MacAttack
I took it to another shop on Sunday. The guy said one side of the fork was further forward than the other side & it was skewing the wheel. That's when I took it back to where I bought it, and they said they were shipping it back under warranty.

That was on a Sunday, bike was back in my hands on a Wednesday. The shop is just 5 hours away, but still that seems like a really fast turnaround, but I guess it's possible.
Unless the bike company is in the next town down the road and not any farther, they could be playing with you. Anyway, if it had to be shipped farther, it couldn't have left in the mail Fedex or UPS till Monday, and unless the comapny drops everyting in their warranty claims department Tuesday to get something back overnight, It most likely won't make it back to the shop till Thursday. Any distinguishing marks you know of on the fork that can tell you if it was replaced, cuase you shouldn't go for less than a replacement in this case IMO, cause you should have recieved a bike with no defects in the first place when you bought it recently. That's what warranties are for.
It's still a big possibility that "Biff" the big mechanic in the back room had his way with your fork and gave it a heave to try straightening it out. Again, acceptable in some cases with a steel fork (if it's not the heat treated high end Reynolds types, those will just spring right back) if the guy knows what he's doing, but a big no-no for other materials like aluminum and certainly will not even work with CF.

Chombi

Last edited by Chombi; 09-16-10 at 04:29 PM.