Master of the Obvious

Bikes: bridgestone mb-6, schwinn tempo

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Panasonic Sport-LX

Greetings, C&Vers.
A friend of mine asked me to sell this bike for him some time back. I was thinking that it's pretty low - end, but someone might like it as a SS/FG frame & fork, or maybe for a vintage CX setup. Here are some pictures - it's pretty dirty and the cables & housing are thoroughly shot.
I'm sort of looking for advice, also. I'd sort of like to harvest the stem (even though its got the panasonic stamp on it), bars, wheels (27" Araya alloy), and maybe even the cranks. (The cranks are Sugino Proto - I don't think I've ever seen them before, but look sort of low end to me. But I might be able to polish them up.) Otherwise, the derailleurs, shifters, and saddle are quite crappy.
So, the big question, for me is, would I be better off trying to sell the frame, or complete bike? I know, USUALLY a complete bike is worth more, but in this case?
Oh, yeah - this bike is TALL! Not sure of frame size, but standover is 36.5" and the the TT, center of head tube to center of seat tube is 24". It appears to be nothing special, but I have this feeling it probably has a very nice ride...
TIA for any and all helpful advice.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
panasonic5..jpg (36.8 KB, 45 views)
panasonic2..jpg (69.3 KB, 54 views)
panasonic12..jpg (93.4 KB, 36 views)
panasonic11..jpg (51.3 KB, 34 views)
panasonic1..jpg (36.1 KB, 34 views)