View Single Post
Old 09-17-10, 06:51 AM
daredevil
cyclepath

Bikes: 2005 Trek Pilot 5.0, 2001 Specialized Sirrus Pro, Kona Lava Dome, Raleigh hardtail converted to commuter, 87 Takara steel road bike, 2008 Trek Soho

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by lac29
From what I've read the Romisen RC-N3 CREE Q5 seems to be the best budget flashlight-turned-headlight.

However, I had a quick question about bike lighting in general ... is the general convention to have a headlight (in my case the Romisen) and a red blinky? Or do I need one more white blinky in the front? What's the "normal/typical" setup?
You need redundancy for one thing. A light on the bike and one on the helmet is not a bad idea. Additionally in the rear you should have the same....one on the helmet, one on the bike. For me it's a P7 up front on the bike with a Fenix on the helmet and a Superflash in back on the helmet with a Dinotte on the bike. One of the tail lights flashes and one is steady. In the front, both run steady, no blinking to confuse cagers.

btw, the Romisen would not be a bad choice for one of the lights.