Old 09-17-10, 06:37 PM
dahut
Ridin' South Cackalacky

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Deke
Not many riders in my part of the hinterland and do about 40 km a day without seeing another cycler. Any other lone wolves out there and what do you carry in your seatbag? Been going mostly minimal but then after reading the health threads started wondering.....any thoughts?
Same here. I'm in Red Neck, USA, where bikes are mostly for kids. The only groupists around are a small cadre of white-collar type, sport riders. Im not in their clique.
Commuting like I do throws people for a loop - they don't know how to react to someone who would ride by choice and I only know of one other guy who does it regularly.
So I'm self sufficient.

I use a seat wedge in which I keep a CO2 filler, spare tubes, tire tools, multitool and a few other bits and bobs. I keep stout rear tires, in good shape, and regular front tires spinning. In my backpack I have my wallet, a folding lock back knife, a few energy snacks, a riding hat and a cellphone. However, since I'm out in the toolies for most of my riding, the cellphone is usually useless.
I wear the hat when I want to take off the helmet.

My cycling life is one of solitude, serenity and the rhythmic sound of my own breathing. Im convinced this IS the right way to cycle and honestly, I wouldnt even know how to ride in a group.

Last edited by dahut; 09-17-10 at 06:41 PM.