View Single Post
Old 09-17-10, 08:11 PM
soundtweakers

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cliffdweller
Thank you for the firsthand experience. I've been scouring the streets hoping to spot a DT but so far no luck. I figured that suspension was unnecessary here. What tires are you running on? Also, I had concerns about the durability of that suspension configuration. It looks like it's begging to go out of alignment or worse. What's been your experience with maintenance on your bike?
I'm still a new commuter myself, and I too have been trying to spot a DT in the city, so far I've ran into one single DT Nova I think once, that' it. It's NYC(more specifically Manhattan) and the largest % of folders I've seen are Dahons, all kinds of them, I've also ran into quite a few Bromptons as well. People got $ here and they aren't shy to show it.

My DT 8FS is a 2008 second hand bike, so far maintenance has been just a quick wipe down and lube up, nothing is done to the front and rear suspension since they work the way they're suppose to work and although I wish I can tighten them up a bit I don't think I've got the option. I'm in the process of some minor upgrades, mainly to make it shift better. I do get quite a bit of flats from broken beer bottles since I ride the street pre-dawn before the Sanitation Dept.'s daily sweeper truck. So I'm getting some new tires as well(Schwalbe Marathons) that can pump up to 100psi and withstand better than the Kendas that came with the bike.

If you're in city, come to the "ride to support the East River Greenway" on 9/26 http://eastrivergreenway.org/2010/08...iver-greenway/ I'll let you test ride my 8FS on the crappiest Greenway Manhattan has to offer.