Old 09-18-10, 02:36 PM
DnvrFox
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by fenny
Dang, DnvrFox got to this thread before I could. I just rode the Cherry Creek trail from Confluence Park all the way to its paved end at Scott Rd, so my info was up-to-date and everything!

I can tell you that it's paved continuously from Arapahoe Rd to Scott Rd. There is construction 500ft south of Broncos Pkwy on weekdays during work hours, but the "closed" part of the trail is 250ft long and should be easy to get around if needs be.

As for the best way to get past Arapahoe Rd, I am split on whether it's better to ride on Arapahoe for a quarter mile, or to divert to Jordan at Bronco's Pkwy (lower traffic and decent shoulders). I suspect DnvrFox's "sneaky" way is to take the trail behind the power substation, I know about it but haven't tried to link it up yet.

I have never been down the gravel stretch at Scott Rd but according to DnvrFox last year if you keep on it (and know how to connect the parts up), you will get within a mile of Franktown.

The pdf map is not very accurate (it is the same map that has been posted on signs since 2006). It shows parts as incomplete that are complete, and parts that are complete that are not paved. Google satellite view is more up-to-date but does not have the new segment from Cottonwood Park - Bronco's Pkwy.
1. The supposed "Trail Closed" signs between Arapahoe Road and Cottonwood are for liability purposes and everyone (including me) ignores them. Even the workers wave you through.

2. The "sneaky way" is that there is a little-known wooden bridge across Cherry Creek at the north end of the soccer fields, just south of Arapahoe Road, allowing one to cross from the trail and come out at Fremont and Jordan, a couple of blocks south of Arapahoe, thereby avoiding Jordan, mostly. I am NOT a fan of riding on Jordan Road. It is poorly designed for bicycles. You have to go through a bunch of large NO TRESPASSING SIGNS, on the soccer fields if that bothers you

3. I generally ride the trail daily, so my info is also current.

4. You rode right past my housing sub-division.

Last edited by DnvrFox; 09-18-10 at 04:08 PM.