View Single Post
Old 09-18-10, 07:56 PM
soundtweakers

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cliffdweller
Wow, I agree about the Dahon contingency in NYC. Dahons are like Starbucks and iPhones. They're everywhere, can't be avoided. They may not be the best choice but their ubiquity gives them an advantage. I can't relate to the Brompton crowd at all. Having said all that I'm leaning toward a Dahon after all. Most of the LBS carry them and work on them, and there are deals to be had from time to time.

I actually live on the East side and frequent the Grayway quite a lot. I'll probably ride there and in Carl Schurz park often. Maybe I'll check out that event on the 26th.
LOL, Starbucks and iPhones, you definitely hit bulls eye on that one!! I live on the east side as well and the "gray(sometimes brownish)way", I ride the south ferry to 34th St. section. Having experience for the first time the Hudson GREENway last week, I'm sick in my stomach by how the city allocate funding. East River is as much a NYC water front as the Hudson.

I think Dahons are cool, I spent days on Craigslist and Ebay looking for a used Dahon and someone always beats me to it.