View Single Post
Old 09-21-10, 11:00 AM
umd
Banned

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac SL2, Specialized Tarmac SL, Giant TCR Composite, Specialized StumpJumper Expert HT

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Cleave
While CBR may not be the best (OK they aren't the best), they are certainly far from the worst. As far as I know and unfortunately experienced with a teammate in August, they have a certified EMT with supplies at races that Chris promotes. If you need more than that he gets the local emergency responders to the scene.
Originally Posted by Fat Boy
It's easy to complain about the races they put on, but honestly, I think they do a pretty good job (overall) for the limited everything that they have to do it with.
My teammate's issue stemmed from a crash where one guy was seriously injured and was laying out on the road for quite some time. I wasn't there, I don't know the details, but he felt that it was extrememly excessive and unlike the response at any other race he had been at. He said that eventually they just scooped the guy up and threw him in the back of some car to take him to the hospital. No EMTs, no emergency response, etc.

I appreciate what he is trying to do, but I don't really like crits that much anyway, so CBR or not doesn't really affect me much.