Old 09-21-10, 02:13 PM
Racer Ex 
Resident Alien

Mentioned: 158 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 349 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by jwible
That does explain the propensity for domestic violence in the rural impoverished portions of the south. Poor audio equipment causing Free Bird to play backwards and imparting William Shatner's voice on the fragile psyche of an already despondent individual is enough to trigger a psychotic episode.

Prequel the Free Bird episode with an inadvertent playing of Neil Young's Southern Man and you have the psychological cause of murder in the south.
I think you've only touched on 2 of the 3 root causes. You cannot underplay the deliberate flooding of of the region with cheap beer. Combined with co-opted law enforcement leaning heavily on independent manufacturers of the alcoholic beverage (moonshine) which provided one of the few economic opportunities for a semi-educated population and was a key component in religious ceremonies (cross burning, wife beating), this troika was devastating.

While they experienced a brief cultural renaissance during the "Springer Era", the future holds little promise despite the relative success of "My Redneck Wedding".

Subby, you can go back inside now. The tattoo didn't match.