View Single Post
Old 09-22-10, 10:21 AM
hotbike

Bikes: a lowrider BMX, a mountain bike, a faired recumbent, and a loaded touring bike

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Liked 90 Times in 75 Posts
Originally Posted by tligman
I like the bottle to be large (24oz is the smallest i'd consider), and have the appropriate bumps to "lock" into my bottle cage. Insulated is a nice touch, but not necessary. my polar bottle has a plastic loop that's sort of handy for pulling it out of the cage without dismounting the bike...
Yeah, well, the darned thing about the eco Canteen is it's 23.7 ounces. Three tenths of an ounce short, of 24oz.

I went and bought a second Eco Canteen, yesterday, right after posting here (I needed a reminder). The Stainless keeps the water colder longer in direct sunlight. I will see this winter if the water feezes. At least, with stainless, it is posible to heat the bottle over a fire, to melt the ice? I will give that a try.

Also, the thought occurred to me, If an assailant attacks me, the stainless bottle would be better than plastic, if I need it to knock the guy over the head. Especially if it's full. (I don't carry a U lock.)