View Single Post
Old 09-24-10, 10:03 AM
dabac

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1074 Post(s)
Liked 295 Times in 222 Posts
Originally Posted by LeicaLad
Ah, guess I understand the "impatience" bit now.
It's a Netiquette thing. People are usually quite forthcoming with answers , if they have any, so posting the same question in another forum w/o giving the first enough exposure time to attract an answer is seen as - well, impatient.

It just seems unlikely - to me, anyway - that one would ever want to fill a BB shell with grease/oil. Which is why this seems so curious to me..
It's not that one wants to fill the shell, that part is just accidental. The engineering problem is "how do I get new, clean(ish) grease into the bearings w/o having to disassemble the thing?" The engineering answer is "fill up with new grease from a direction that will push most of the old grease out through the marginally effective seals that are a huge part of there being a need for regreasing to begin with"

There are several different spellings that may or may not be the same thing.
Well, if you google the word you'll find plenty of links to vintage grease guns and similar things, and from their website "Established in 1927 Tecalemit Garage Equipment Co Ltd is one of the Automotive Industry's most recognised brands both in the UK and throughout the world. The fit is far too good to be a coincidence. And it's not like consistent spelling has ever been a major feature of internet discussions, nor of anything that has gotten passed on a lot by word-of-mouth.