View Single Post
Old 09-26-10, 09:43 PM
russdog63

Bikes: Holdsworth Professional(1984), Medici Pro Strada (mid 80's), Team Raliegh 753 (special build 1987?), Univega Ultraleggera (early 90's or late 80's)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Finally another Ultraleggera

Here is my Ultraleggera back on bikeforums. I guess the host for my other photos, that I posted, no longer hosts my photos. Now we have 2 Ultraleggeras on bikeforums.

I have it decked out with Dura Ace 7400 and 7700 with a 9 speed friction downtube setup. I added the Shimano stickers. It is one of the nicest Univega that I have seen. I really lucked out with this find. I got the frame on ebay, about 6 years ago, for $75. The Dura-Ace headset, that came with it, was almost worth that. It looks like you really got a screaming deal with all the DA components that came with yours. It looks you have Mavic Open 4CD rims. That makes for a real nice wheelset.

Info on this bike has been elusive because the bike is so rare. In six years of constantly looking yours is the only other I have seen or even heard of. According to T-Mar this bike went for about $1800 back in 1991. I think this bike stands up to any steel bike of that time.

With the wheels I have on this bike it is one fast ride.

Last edited by russdog63; 09-26-10 at 09:52 PM. Reason: grammar