View Single Post
Old 09-28-10, 07:00 PM
liferider

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by slothlike
The MAIN difference between Focus and other brands offering Pro-Level frames is their business model. My Focus is everything any one of my more expensive bikes ever was and even better in areas of stiffnes and quality control. Face it, most carbon frames are more alike than not and a lot of the differences in quality and performance are perception. Swing your leg over a $5k frame and you may think it is the better bike. With carbon fiber offerings from Focus and other brands that have chosen to price their frames more affordably, more $ is often not better.

I admire Parlee, but if you want a pure race oriented frame, Focus's stiffness blows the Z5 out of the water. I picked up my Focus for under $2k. As good as any bike I have owned $5k.
Now that's a gorgeous bike - love the matte finish. I must say that Focus does a nice job with their color schemes/liveries.

It's good to see some other BF members with good things to say about the brand. I'm sure I'll love the Mares, and I'll post some pics once it gets here and I assemble it.