Old 10-05-10, 06:05 AM
kegoguinness
These go to eleven

Bikes: BF Pocket Crusoe; B Tikit; dust-gathering MTB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm a Crusoe owner so I'll chime in with as objective a post as I can with my likes/dislikes.

PROS:
Fast
Lightweight. I think mine is around 22 pounds with 8X3 gearing (3spd IGH which adds weight).
Good fit: I ordered a custom bike and love the fit.
Solid: I crank at all speeds and the bike "feels" solid--solid construction, not wobbly or creaky.
Standard tires: 406mm easy to find a variety of tires.
Brakes: right from day one, the V-brakes are very responsive. I Like hair-trigger brakes and these fit the bill.
Maintenance: Other than initial gear cable stretch, I have lubed the drivetrain and replaced one set of brake pads, and done nothing else in two years. It's probably time to replace the chain, but my point is the bike is well built in its components.
Customer Service: Bike Friday are awesome.
Rear Rack: the rack is smartly constructed to sit high up, which means you can put a real pannier on it and not have clearance issues. Heel strike also not a problem.

CONS:
chain drops when unfolding bike. Chain retainer (sold separately) doesn't always prevent this.
Fold: The fold is initially very fast (swinging the rear triangle under), but tying down the handlebars (last step) is awkward and I almost always get grease on my hands. I'd upgrade to the folding riser if you buy this bike.
Price: not cheap, as you know.