View Single Post
Old 10-06-10, 07:08 AM
Sammyboy
The Legitimiser

Bikes: Gazelle Trim Trophy, EG Bates Track Bike, HR Bates Cantiflex bike, Nigel Dean fixed gear conversion, Raleigh Royal, Falcon Westminster.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by tilfold
Sounds great - thank you for reply! I will take the FS9 09 with the zoom fork and need the front wheel axle to the top of fork measurement, esp. the space without interruption from brake bridge. That seems to me quite short, so I´m fearing that the double velcro strap will be in the wrong place (you cannot move it on the bag).
the bag system is from www.carradice.co.uk and you will find it by searching for Carradice Limpet front rollers - so you will be able to see the problem better, as I may do it in that description. http://www.wallbike.com/carradice/limpet.html
Next question would be for looking after a solution for having mudguards fitted on the bike. I know, ther are no eyelets or other fixing points, but it would be great to know, if someone had fixed mudguards, may be on a bit curious way. Bike Friday does fix the mudguards with using just one screw in the centre - would that be an idea for Downtube? I want to takle down the Grand Union Canal path from Birmingham towards London in mid of October and I´m expecting some rain and muddy sections on the way (it´s about 150 mls to London). So it would be great to have a solution for that problem as well.

Best regards
Tilman
I hope this is the measurement you're looking for. I went from the spindle to the top of the static part of the fork, and it's 260mm approx. See pic below: