View Single Post
Old 10-06-10, 02:44 PM
cappuccino911
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I like the idea, I'm competitive by nature but its nice to have a somewhat level playing field. I'd love to begin doing races on my bike at 235lb it's borderline ridiculous. however, since i'm really into riding now, I am planning to transform my body but it's going to be tough. If I lose about 15lbs my bodyfat will be at a pretty impressive 12% but I'll still weigh 220lbs. So realistically for me to even get close to 200 lbs, I'll need to lose muscle from upper body which is difficult to do. for now, I'm just going to put my training plan together to focus on what I need to do on the bike and start paying better attention to my nutrition and let my body do what it wants to do. The good thing as I review Friels cyclists training bible and the strenght to weight minimums he lists as desireable, I already hit most of them which means I won't need to focus on the strength training portions of his training programs. I can focus on the cycling and as long as I eat decently the weight should begin to come off from the right places.