Old 10-07-10, 01:27 PM
Foldable Two

Location: Vancouver, Washington and Ocean Shores, Washington, USA

Bikes: 2 - 2007 Custom Bike Fridays, 2 - 2009 Bike Friday Pocket 8's, Gravity 29'er SS, 2 - 8-spd Windsor City Bikes, 1973 Raleigh 20 & a 1964 Schwinn Tiger

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sizing:
After doing some studying of the Swift website, I have come to the conclusion that the Xooter Swift is LESS adjustable and friendly to taller riders than the BF Crusoe or even a BF stock model. The culprit is the one-size-fits-all frame of the Swift. They get their 'size adjustment' in three ways: 1) Raising seat lengthens "reach" (only if handle bars are not also raised), 2) Stem can be replaced with longer or shorter one and with up or down orientation 3) Handle bar riser can be trimmed slightly to shorten it - copy doesn't indicate it can be lengthened!

This the same as me 'remaking' my wife's Medium sized BF to fit me.

http://www.xootr.com/swift-folding-b...-geometry.html

The max seat-to-pedal distance listed is 38" - same as my Dahon S1 and the max "Reach" is listed as 20.1" + 1.5" from changing to a 100mm stem + .5" gained by moving seat back on rails = 22.1". That is basically the reach on my Fridays, but their seat height is 38.5"-39". In addition, based upon these modifications, the seat and handle bars are likely NOT still of equal height as they are on my Fridays.

Conclusion, The tall person (I'm 6'3") has to make a couple of sacrifices.

Folding:
The Swift and the Crusoe fold about the same (both have "floppy" handle bars), but the Crusoe can be equipped with a Folding Stem Riser, such as my wife has on hers, and then the Crusoe folds better. (FYI: Crusoe typically comes with a folding seat mast.)

http://www.xootr.com/swift-folding-instructions.html

Misc:
That said, Swift lacks the low step over of a Friday, but is easier to equip as a Fixie or SS.

Lou

Last edited by Foldable Two; 10-07-10 at 01:30 PM.