Old 10-09-10, 08:57 PM
tatfiend 
Gear Hub fan

Bikes: Civia Hyland Rohloff, Swobo Dixon, Colnago, Univega

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I have the non R version of the IQ Cyo and wish I had gotten the R version for the close in lighting as lots of potholes in local roads. I have ther R version on the way for my Big Dummy lighting project along with the Toplite Line Plus taillight. I also have the Supernova E3 Triple on one bike and the Light On dynamo light set on another, both excellent lights IMO.

IMO halogen dynamo lights are obsolete compared to modern LED lights as the amount of light output from the latest LED lights is enormous compared to halogen lights. Just compare the output of the latest Supernova, B&M IQ Cyo and Schmidt Edelux LED light beams on the Peter White Cycles web site with the illumination level provided by even the best of the halogen lights. To me there is no comparison. The latest version Supernova E3 Triple claims 800 Lumens output and the latest Supernova E3 is about 370 Lumens claimed output, about the same as the Light-On dynamo headlight.
Gear Hubs Owned: Rohloff disc brake, SRAM iM9 disc brake, SRAM P5 freewheel, Sachs Torpedo 3 speed freewheel, NuVinci CVT, Shimano Alfine SG S-501, Sturmey Archer S5-2 Alloy. Other: 83 Colnago Super Record, Univega Via De Oro

Visit and join the Yahoo Geared Hub Bikes group for support and links.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Geared_hub_bikes/