Old 10-10-10, 07:44 AM
fuji86

Bikes: 1986 Fuji Allegro 12 Spd; 2015 Bianchi Kuma 27.2 24 Spd; 1997 Fuji MX-200 21 Spd; 2010 Vilano SS/FG 46/16

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Vilano $ 256

Front Fork $ 0, why, fork was damaged/bent during shipping ?
Wheel truing $ 12, internet bike they were close to being true, but needed the final adjustments @ LBS.
Pedals $ 21, Original Wellgo's were sticky and didn't spin freely, they were binding on themselves and weren't adjustable.
Dicta SS Freewheel 16T $ 21, Original freewheel was collapsed and compressed, probably installed incorrectly. Replacement from LBS incl. installation.
Origin 8 Chain Tensioners $ 9, the original hardware were cheap eyebolts.
Zefal front & rear lighting $ 19

Ineternet bike listed for $ 239, free S&H, but was a FL sale so tax applied to get it to $ 256, the rest of it gets it to $ 338.

The Zefal lighting, somewhat like the Knog's, the tail light is fine, but the headlight is a 9 lcd headlight that exceeds the FL SS 316 requirements for being seen. But don't let that make you think they light up the road enough to really ride at any pace safely. I may try them out in the park tonight because it's unlit and pitch dark to see what happens in that situation, but these lights are to be seen and limp home at a slower speed in case you get caught after sundown or you want to take advantage of the cover of darkness and get a head start on your ride before the sun rises. You're street legal for sure, but you'd need a Q-Beam light to see the road and for $ 19 after taxes, temper your expectations.

Yep, the Zefal headlight is for being seen, if I point it at the ground, I may be able to see a pothole in time, if I'm going slow enough to avoid it.

Last edited by fuji86; 10-11-10 at 12:51 AM.