Old 10-13-10, 10:49 AM
roccobike
Bike Junkie

Location: South of Raleigh, North of New Hill, East of Harris Lake, NC

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac, Specialized Roubaix, Giant OCR-C, Specialized Stumpjumper FSR, Stumpjumper Comp, 88 & 92Nishiki Ariel, 87 Centurion Ironman, 92 Paramount, 84 Nishiki Medalist

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked 37 Times in 27 Posts
No comment as to which you should ride, that's personal. However, if the Flite is a Ti, it could be worth some serious bucks. Most used saddles, except Brooks, bring little return on the used market. I've picked up Sella San Marco ERA saddles for $5 -$10 and other name brand saddles for under $10. Sella Italia Ti Flite will typically fetch $40 or $50, maybe more. I have not checked ebay in a while, but you might want to factor in how much each saddle will bring. For what it's worth, I have a Ti Flite on my Bianchi Campione.
BTW, I obtained a lower level Brooks the same way you did. It was on a low level Schwinn on its way to the junk yard when I grabbed my hex wrench and removed the seatpost and saddle. True it's rough and true it's a low level Brooks, but hey, the price was right. It's currently on my beater Raleigh.