Old 10-15-10, 08:53 AM
kimconyc
Señor Member

Bikes: 2018 Lynskey R380 Ti | 2011 Hampsten Travelissimo Gran Paradiso Ti | 2001 De Rosa Neo Primato - Batik Del Monte, Genius | 1991 Eddy Merckx - Motorola, TSX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 7 Posts
I have the Dura-Ace WH7850-C24-CL and they are very nice. Some people do not like how they roll, however (heard it described as dead, too plush, etc.). They do not require much maintenance. Shimano updated the hubs so grit does not get inside. I rode through the winter last year on these (rain, slush, etc.) and they required zero maintenance.

I also have some Open Pro wheels built around DT Swiss 240S /w Enduro Zero ceramics and they spin up much better than the DA wheels but overall, I have to say that the DA wheels are better (look better, wider rim, lighter, cheaper).

The Dura Ace wheels will probably catch the least amount of cross wind because of the low spoke count (they also have high-tension straight-pull spokes).

If you are even considering the Zipps, I would just contact Psimet as he could easily build you a better wheel for much less.

Overall though, get what you will ride--that's my $.02.