Old 10-16-10, 01:25 AM
Menel

Bikes: Helix, HonkyTonk, NailTrail

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Eclectus
Oakleys are totally overrated. They do this subversive brand-loyalty thing, pay pros to make their shades "I wanna be like the pros" and people line up like sheep to buy their latest and greatest.
What intelligent marketing company doesn't pay off pro's to use their product? either directly and/or with schwag?

I bought my M-frames before cycling for outdoor shooting on recommendation from military buds who said it's what they use,and what at least in some places issues them for heli-pad duty to protect their eyes from debri thrown up.

Protected my eyes from countless debri thrown up on the range, rocks thrown at my face by cyclists and cars. Finally the lens bit the dust on a 30ish mph crash where my face got some rash, glasses took some of that punishment, but the lens replacement was only a nominal fee for replacement of a piece of safety gear.

I find a lot of people curiously don't value their eye sight very much... I guess a lot of people don't wear helmets or use seat-belts either come to think of it... guess it comes down to lots of Americans looking for lots of pain I suppose *shrug*