Old 10-17-10, 04:16 PM
Hida Yanra
VeloSIRraptor

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Nate552
Nice. Hey, were are the pics and video of your position?
I talked with my neighbor last night and he gave me a bunch of stuff to think about - so now I'm reconsidering a lot of the position stuff.

here's the short version:
I have a tri background - and I like to ride 'steep' anyway, so I had the bike set up really steep (around 79-80deg I think?)
He looked the bike over and talked about muscle adaptation, and said that having a slightly more 'road' style position (closer to 76deg) would be much closer to a position I could get myself to when attacking or bridging on my road bike, and he said that for him, the muscular interplay between having positions that were a little closer between road & TT (not the same, just closer than I had them) would be very helpful.

That makes sense to me, because I can't even get close to the amount of front-of-center and body angles on my roadbike that I had setup on the TT bike.

He also said that several of the major SRs that I'm aiming for have some tricky steering + windy sections in them, and have that forward (and thus twitchy) of a steering position would be a detriment at races like Cherry Blossom & Hood.
Oh - and another point was that I didn't need to slam everything so far forward, because I don't need to save my quads for a run afterwards, so I should put myself in a position to use more of my quads (so, slide the seat further back)

Those arguments certainly make sense, I'm not sure how to balance the different theories out - so I'm thinking about it and trying some of his suggestions out on the trainer...

Any thoughts or responses to his comments from anyone here?
Come to think of it - I'll post links to video me riding the positions and stills of the bike setup in a thread tonight - that's a better place to discuss it anyway.