Old 10-17-10, 06:30 PM
OrionKhan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HorsCO
The coverage I had on Universal sports was pretty poor coverage. I would die to see this race in HD! What a great way to cap off the season. A true "Fall" Classic. I love watching racing in adverse condition almost as much as I enjoy riding in it. The rain really changed the dynamic of the race, IMO. Gilbert is IMO one of the top 5 best all around riders in the world. He suffers on the steepest and longest of climbs but on any other terrain, he is deadly.

I really enjoy watching Scarponi ride.

I can't believe Nibali crashed! Can't help but wonder how the race would have changed had the shark not taken a dive but tis racing.
I assume you're talking about the video quality. I agree that there is definitely room for improvement with Universal's coverage. But my understanding is that they basically take the world feed and send it out on their network. I don't think NBC has a lot of money invested into Universal. That being said, I'm not complaining. Thanks to Universal, this was the first year I was able to watch live coverage of all three grand tours on TV. Plus, they showed a bunch of other races. I've even gotten used to their announcing team. It would be nice to get HD, but I'm just glad there are races on t.v. to begin with.