View Single Post
Old 10-18-10, 01:28 PM
cehowardGS
Motorcycle RoadRacer

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
About 9 months ago, I got an awful attack/pain in my left knee. I was sure it came from the years of running and the doc had told me some 20 odd years ago the cartlidge in my knee was GONE.. Surgery was suggested. I declined and stopped running long distances. Back to the awful pain about 9 months ago..I iced it, layed off leg workouts in the gym for a couple weeks, to no avail. Finally I went to the doctor, knowing all the time, he is going to tell me it was the bone rubbing up against bone, and surgery will be need.

Low and behold, that was not the problem. The doctor told me that the problem in my knee was Arthiritis!!! Not only that, he advise me to go back to my leg workouts at the gym, but not as heavy. Well 9months later, I am doing full leg workouts, squats, lunges the whole nine yards and NO PAIN. I said all that to say, the doctor ADVISE EXERCISE to combat the Arthiritis..

With that said, I would not only do the treadmill which is cardio, I would move to full leg workouts, lunges, leg extensions, squats, ets. Start light, and ease up..

I know it works for me, and I got arthiritis all over my body, but I workout 6 days a week at the gym. So, I keep it at bay...

Luck to you,