Old 10-18-10, 08:13 PM
missjean

Bikes: A slate grey mountain bike & a grey road bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Every April my husband goes to a retreat up in Jackson NH. He goes to gain peace, I tag along to ride my bike in the beautiful White Mountains, huffing and puffing because it is just the beginning of the season.

Last April I set out with what I thought was every thing I would need in case of a flat my saddlebag, including my cell phone. Sure enough, going down a hill into a little hollow, I get a flat. Open up the bag, pullout the levers, a tube, the Co2 inflator thingy and a C02 cartridge - everything I need. Not! All individual components worked, but just not with each other! The tube had a Schrader valve, the C02 inflator thing had a Presta nozzle and the C02 cartridges were too small, they were for the other inflator thingy at home. Doh!

Plan B – pull out the cell phone & call husband – no service down in the little hollow – push bike up the other side – one little bar, but only if I stand way off the side of the road. Thank goodness my husband was not in the middle of a meditation session and had his phone on. I did not know the name of the road I was on, but I was able to tell him the rights & lefts he had to take to get to me so he was able to drive out and rescue me. Whew.