Old 10-19-10, 06:04 PM
3speedslow

Bikes: A few

Mentioned: 111 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1697 Post(s)
Liked 490 Times in 353 Posts
Carolina Intro

Time to do the proper thing and introduce myself. I been meaning to join for awhile but everytime I got to the site, I get sidetracked reading the posts and learning so much, I put it off for another time.

I originally logged on to look at the commuter forum, I being a daily rider to work and such.
Lots of good info and silent agreements with what is said there.

I have been riding pretty much my whole life. Started the 2 wheel trip on my Mom's Raleigh Sport and continued on through Schwinns and Huffys. We moved to Japan late 60's and road Bridgestones from then on even when I came back to the states.

Road the B- through college and took it with me to Germany.Can't believe I did not take advantage of the local biking choices. O well, it took me everwhere and even into a few races.

Closer to the present, I hit the race scene hard( CF Treks) til an unknown heart defect dropped me out of that kind of riding forever. I ride now for my continued health and soul ,knowing that my wife and youg son are the important items in my life.

I've found a slower pace with the older bikes and a source of enjoyment while working on them.

Thanks for reading, 3speedslow