Old 10-22-10, 12:46 PM
Steely Dan
born again cyclist

Bikes: I have five of brikes

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 201 Post(s)
Liked 78 Times in 31 Posts
how much money did your regular commuter bike cost you?

so i was having a conversation with a friend of a friend and we discovered that we're both daily bike commuters, so of course the flood gates of bike geekery opened. when i told him about my titanium road bike that i commute with, he was a bit surprised because he thought it was too expensive to use as a daily commuter. he prefers to commute on less expensive bikes that he can beat up, saving his nice cervelo for proper training rides and amateur races. as a non-racer i responded that because my commuting is how i do most of my riding, i figured why not ride the nicest bike i have? he agreed that made some sense too.

so in the interest of general information (and not at all to get into some stupid pissing contest about who commutes on the nicest bike), i thought i'd throw together a quick little poll to find out what price range of bikes most BF commuters commute with.

so, how much money did the bike you most often commute with originally cost you to procure? do not add upgrades or on-going maintenance costs, just original procurement costs. if you found an old frame or had a friend give you an old broken down bike, include the money you spent to get the bike into working condition.

i know many of us have multiple bikes that we commute with on different days for different purposes (rain bike, winter bike, heavy-hauling bike, etc), but for the purposes of the poll pick the bike that is your regular go-to commuter.

Last edited by Steely Dan; 10-22-10 at 01:31 PM.