View Single Post
Old 10-24-10, 04:33 AM
wahoonc
Membership Not Required

Bikes: Giant Excursion, Raleigh Sports, Raleigh R.S.W. Compact, Motobecane? and about 20 more! OMG

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Robert Foster
Yes but if you take in the number of average rainy days, 150 or so, the number of cloudy days, 200+ and partly cloudy days 90+ they still have a firm grasp of rain. I used to ride a motorcycle from Seattle to Bellevue and I can remember getting home and my whole body was like your hands get when they have spent too much time in the water.

Last time I visited Alabama it was in the early summer when it was just about a humid as rain with no clouds in the sky, nothing like the west coast or the North West. I am planning on getting rain gear this year but I am not sure about fenders for my MTB. I guess I could get some snap-on fenders for my back up road bike? But I don’t start out in the rain I get caught in it and have to make my way home.
Mobile averages rain on 120 days out of the year...the difference is once the storms pass the sun comes out

I like humidity, I spent a week in Phoenix a few years back and was uncomfortable. Denver I did a bit better with, Charleston, SC or Savannah, GA work great for me.

Aaron

ISO: A late 1980's Giant Iguana MTB frameset (or complete bike) 23" Red with yellow graphics.

"Cycling should be a way of life, not a hobby.
RIDE, YOU FOOL, RIDE!"
_Nicodemus

"Steel: nearly a thousand years of metallurgical development
Aluminum: barely a hundred
Which one would you rather have under your butt at 30mph?"
_krazygluon