Old 10-24-10, 10:44 AM
monsterpile
This bike is cat approved

Bikes: To many to list...

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Here is an update on my MTB drop bar projects.

I found some goodies that were hiding in my pile of stuff in the basement which will help both bikes get to where I want them to be. Another set of aero levers, threadless stem adapter, threaded stem with removeable faceplate. All these parts will add to each of the bikes and made me more excited about working on them.

The Specialized project I haven't any more progress, but I will since I think its going to become the backup commuter bike and maybe even a touring bike if I do that type of thing. It has lots of spots to mount fenders and racks and the Schwinn has none which is partly why I started building the Specialized as well.

The Schwinn I decided last week I would make it more of a road bike because it didn't have anywhere to mount racks etc and I don't really need another mountain bike. So I decided on a road crank for this one. The crank I decided to use was on a ghetto tri bike project thats been unfinished for a couple years now (worked on it a bit this morning so Its a few hours from being done) and I decided that maybe the wheelset on that needed to go somewhere else. I decided to throw them on the Schwiinn and I liked it. So here is what I have so far. I just need to finish getting the rear brake hooked up and a couple other small things, but I rode it a bit with just the front brake and I liked it alot. I really like the thumbshifters mounted under the brake levers. Its very easy to shift and isn't hard to set up at all. I am sure it will make it into the commuting rotation as well as being the main bike I ride around on the bike paths in town for recreation.