View Single Post
Old 10-28-10, 02:15 PM
BDA

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
A slow spinning gyroscope

Do any of you pilots (helmsman) feel like you are sometimes steering a slow spinning gyroscope, even at higher speeds. I did when we had our Double Vision recumbent w/ IPS. Sometimes I felt like I was really working to manage control of the bike. After a couple of days in the mountains at this year's CNC I felt worn out not only from the climbing, shifting and braking (and the cold rain), but also from steering. I attributed it to the IPS causing us to be OOP. Yesterday, during our second ride on our Santana Team AL I noticed the same thing. We are IP. I'm going to assume that it occurs when my stoker is applying more power to the pedals than I am at that moment. Before I tell her to throttle back a bit ( I don't want to spoil a good thing) I just try to increase my power to match hers. I wondered if anyone else has experienced this. I know it will be remedied with practice and experience but I was just wondering if I was accurately feeling and describing what others have felt. Thanks.