View Single Post
Old 10-29-10, 05:28 AM
carpediemracing 

Bikes: Tsunami road bikes, Dolan DF4 track

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 385 Post(s)
Liked 180 Times in 102 Posts
Didn't settle a dispute but it changed the cop's mind from ignoring us to driving to the guy's house and giving him a short lecture (probably on the importance of not killing tourists in a tourist area).

http://sprinterdellacasa.blogspot.co...uises-and.html

Picture (still, shrunk, from the ContourHD):

Plate was very legible.

I too want an automatic, rolling-drive, front and rear cam set up for my car. I'll stand by pretty much all my driving (some remote highway stuff notwithstanding). I drive with the phone as a dash cam all the time (DroidX, the lens peeks around the window mount). I have no problem showing an officer my whole drive, and they can extrapolate speed, tailgating distance, etc from the video. I drive my car and ride my bike like someone's video taping me all the time because, frankly, someone is. If everyone drove and rode like that, well, it'd make the roads safer.

I did turn around once when I was a passenger in a car being tailgated ferociously for no reason (other cars in front of us, long line of traffic). It's when I pretended to take out the phone cam that the driver backed off. A rear facing camera with some words like "smile, you're on camera" would do wonders to ease the aggressiveness of some drivers around here.

cdr