Old 10-29-10, 09:25 AM
Mr. Beanz
Banned.

Bikes: Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
THere are screws on the cleat, loosen them a bit and move the cleat "sligthly". Very small movements make a big difference on foot position. Prety tricky too. I usually end of moving it the wrong way on the first move!

Sometimes you have to experiment. What I do is outline the cleat with black marker(Sharpie type marker) so that I know where the original start point is. If I make a msitake, it helps me find which direction I should move the cleat.

Yes, the position makes a big difference with comfort if it's wrong. I myself will feel a twist in my knee.

As far as hip pain, if I have my saddle tilted to far back, it sort of gives me the feeling of rolling my hips backwards which causes a little discomfort in my case. Might check that too!

Some riders and some articles I've read state that some riders direct the nose of their saddles in one direction or the other which aslo helps with comfort. I had one saddle of many that I had to turn sligthly to the left. Not sure why but I couldn't get comfortable on it without the sligth turn. That was more about relief on the undercarriage though!:whistle: