View Single Post
Old 10-30-10, 06:12 AM
Capecodder

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by MitchL
I'm trying to decide between fenders right now, what extra hardware do the SKS's have that you didn't like?

What is holding your bottle cage on the DT? I have hose clamps on my bike now and your set up looks way nicer.

The SKS fenders had tons of small pieces to attach the fender stays to the fender (little plastic Y shaped things) just not very durable to me. I like how simple and durable the Planet Bike Fenders were compared to the others and set-up was a breeze. I'm very fussy when it comes to fit and I would hate fenders that flopped around. I took it for a good ride this morning over some rough roads and not a single rattle......

As far as the bottle cage, I took some rubber electrical wrap and wrapped it once around the seat tube in each position then used a black zip tie to mount the cage. It looks much nicer than the metal clamp style, and workd great. The stuff I used is not electrical tape it's a insulating rubber for wrapping high voltage wiring, and does not have a sticky side.