Old 10-31-10, 12:28 AM
nashcommguy
nashcommguy

Bikes: Commuters: Fuji Delray road, Fuji Discovery mtb...Touring: Softride Traveler...Road: C-dale SR300

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cooleric1234

Having built one up from scratch myself including a sandblast/powdercoat of the frame/fork I'll side w/this guy...unless you're determined or lack the fundage right now. But, you're definately not crazy. I went to a fg after riding ss for about a year. My loaded commuter is a multi-speed and for the rest of the week I ride fg. I use a seatpost rack/trunkbag rig on the fg.

My partial parts list: 80s Fuji Del-Rey frameset, Tektro dual-pivot 40.00 www.bikeisland.com, 103mm Sugino bb 35.00, Sugino Messenger crankset 75.00(48t x 170mm) www.universalcycles.com. I bought the wheelset off ebay from Crosslakes Cyclery(?) in Minnesota for 100.00 shipped. Got a 1/8" chain from www.harriscyclery.com. Think it's a Sram/Sachs chromed...all I know is that it's heavy. I use Schwalbe Marathon Plus 700x25mm because I HATE flats. Had pedals, hbrs, stem, saddle, etc so I saved money there. 48x16 gearage. Black w/red accents, ie handlebar tape, red/black saddle cover, red rims. Oh yeah, and the guy who did the sb/pc job saved the chrome tips even though I didn't ask him to. It's a nice touch.

Btw, Mr. Caloso that's a real looker of a bike you've got there.