BikeWNC
Climbing Above It All

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
[QUOTE=jppe;11711491]
Originally Posted by BikeWNC
I rode with NealH on the Tour de Franklin metric this morning. We started the ride in the mid 30šs and finished in the low 70s. With a wrong turn and a detour back to the car to drop/change clothes to our summer kit, we had 68 miles in 5 hours total time with 5600' of climbing and plenty of stops (probably around 4:15 hours of ride time). I'm just not in good enough shape right now to ride much faster. Beautiful day on a nice course. The after ride food was outstanding. I really like the Standing Indian climb which comes late in the ride. It is 1600' in 4.4 miles but gets steeper as one climbs. It is such a quiet road with great views.

I wondered if anyone rode-were there many doing the 100 or was it just a metric.
There was a full century ride though I think only 6 riders did it. We had a small turnout today for some reason. I wish the NOC would get together with the Franklin Bike Shop and do a Sat. Sun. double metric. One entry, two rides. The Wayah Loop is 72 miles and the TdF Metric is 66 miles. I think that would bring more people up for the weekend. Other than the cool start, the weather couldn't have been better this weekend.