Old 11-01-10, 06:40 AM
JohnKScott

Bikes: It has two wheels

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chado445510
Short: Orchard Cross in NH, Championship, 6 juniors, I came in 2nd. 1st place was from massachusetts, so i am the junior cross champion of nh.

Loooong: I just got back from a cross race. It was Orchard Cross at Applecrest Farm in Hampton Falls, NH. it was the championship race for NH, so since it was in my back yard I figured I'd go. There were a staggering 6 juniors in the 15-18 age group, so I didn't think it would be too hard. When I came to the race, I though my teacher would let me use his bike, but he didn't make it, so I went over to a Felt Demo truck and they let me use their bike. It was wicked helpful, and saved the day. since i'm just a roadie, i didn't have any mtb shoes, so i borrowed one of my friends'. Everything ended up coming together about 10 minutes before the race, so i didn't have a chance to ride it. this sucks, because my bike handling skills are pretty poor. I followed for the first part of the first lap, but my teammate crashed and a kid attacked, so i tried to hold his wheel. he kept getting further and further away, and no one was coming up behind me, so i was in 2nd place for most of the race. I finished in 2nd. The kid who beat me was from Mass, so I assumed the title of nh junior cross champion. I got a 30 dollar gift card to the LBS, and a bucket of orange heed. Good race-last of the season. I'm happy.
Awesome! Congrats!