Thread: Ebay Alerts
View Single Post
Old 11-03-10, 10:03 AM
Zaphod Beeblebrox 
PanGalacticGargleBlaster

Bikes: Upright and Recumbent....too many to list, mostly Vintage.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by KillerBeagle
Agreed I have not have a lot of luck with alerts - both precision and timeliness.
Originally Posted by Chicago Al
To the original question, I think the alerts you are using are all that eBay offers. And they don't necessarily go out quickly...I have several standing alerts, and every day I get a bunch of them together. Occasionally there's an item in there that was a BIN which has already sold by the time I receive the alert.
I've had that happen a number of times too. Get an email alert with a BIN and its gone before I get the alert.
Of course I've been on the other end of that a few times where I was just randomly searching ebay late at night and snagged a killer deal on a BIN that had been up for like 5 minutes. Then the next morning I've got an alert in my email from ebay that says "Check this item out that was just listed!" ...sorry ebay, I beat ya to it

Ok I'm convinced my situation was a fluke...I just wanted to make sure there wasn't some kind of sneaky watching program out there (aside from a sniper) that I was clueless about...that's the way it was for sniper programs with me...I was clueless to their existence until I got beat by them a bunch of times...then I got hip.

A lot of these sniping services seem to have fancy features that I don't have on lowly esniper but then again esniper is free and free is for me.