View Single Post
Old 11-04-10, 07:41 AM
OiS

Bikes: 2010 Trek Madone 6.9 Project One Livestrong, Single Speed "Tokyo Bike", BH 29'er, Trek California Cruiser Classic Springer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Pamestique
Also as to using cleats and pedals... I can't imagine riding any other way. It just feels right and makes you one with the bike. Pedaling is easier and more efficient. Climbing is better. You need to find the right shoe for you (I swear by Sidi's but they are expensive) and the right cleat. I went through 6 cleat systems to finally find the right one for me (Time Alium on the road bike and Time ZControl on the mountain bike).
If you have the flexibility to look into getting different pedals, something like the Time Z-Control pedals mentioned by Pamestique could be the way to go. Clipless pedals, with a platform which means that you can also ride with normal shoes without any problem, with all but the thinnest of shoes. To take a quick look at those, see here: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/L...?ModelID=25492

As for the seat, I had similar problems with the seat that came with my bike. I replaced it with a seat that had a split through the middle, and problem solved.