Old 11-06-10, 09:06 AM
Wotan
#$*&

Bikes: Bates (of Coburg) track bike(60s/70s?), Malvern Star Ladies coronation (1953), SuperElliots pathracer (60s?), Repco pathracer (1964), Holland Ladies (50s?), Moa (50s?), Hillman Ladies (40s?), Batavia? (40s?), Malvern Star 2 star ladies (50s?)...etc.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Citoyen du Monde
I am re-opening this thread to present the bike that I was mentioning some 10 months ago. It is a Giotto Cinelli bike from 1947. Giotto was Cino's older brother and the one who started the handlebar and stem making business. Giotto Cinelli bikes were only made for a very short time from mid to late 1946 until 1948.

This was one of the three bikes I had on display during my seminar at the Philly Bike Expo.
YYYEEESSS!!!! Would love to see some more pics.

Do the decal crests have "Firenze" instead of "Milano"?
Is this the headbadge?

What serial number? Is it a random 4 digit one like they normally did?

I'd also be interested to know what bars and saddle and seatpost it has? And what that metal band around the seatpost is. It looks to have a seat clamp style similar to modern bikes (I also have this on an Italian bike from 1948-ish) but there appears to be a band above that.

If that were my size it could be a holy grail bike. Alas it's a little short for me.

Last edited by Wotan; 11-06-10 at 09:39 AM. Reason: More stuff