Old 11-07-10, 05:48 PM
pgjackson

Bikes: Rossetti Vertigo

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked 119 Times in 70 Posts
Originally Posted by DynamicD74
So, how do you like the Fuji? I'm looking at one, but keep seeing some bad press about the bikes being made in China and Taiwan, not Japan. Do you think this compromises the quality of the bike? I have an OLD Fuji, like a 1974 model, that I love, and would love to have a new Fuji, but am a little hesitant. I'm really interested in some opinions about Fujis. Thanks, in advance!
I really don't have anything to compare it to as this is my first road bike...but so far I love it! I think you will find that most bikes are made in China. To be honest, I haven't seen any bad press about this bike, unless it's being compared to much more expensive bikes. It's an entry level bike, not intended to compete with the $2000 bike market. For the money, I believe it's the best bang for the buck. It has entry level components that work just fine, but if you want you can upgrade the deraileurs very cheaply. I shopped around A LOT and this bike is perfect for me. It looks great, rides great and I was able to get two of them for the price of most other bikes. If you have a Performance Bicycle store near you, drop by. They'll let you take it outside for a test ride. I think it's easily the best bike under $600. Absolutely no complaints so far.