View Single Post
Old 11-08-10, 06:07 AM
gomango

Mentioned: 74 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 821 Post(s)
Liked 255 Times in 142 Posts
Originally Posted by snarkypup
Those Vanillas are pretty, and they currently have a five year waiting list. That would seem to give them an inherent "cool" value, as the guy who runs the place will never really catch up. At some point he'll either have to lower the quality, or stop making bikes. They sure are nice. Veloria's Royal H is really pretty too. Stuff like that is already collectible, though, so it can't really get more collectible with time. They're already super expensive and exclusive.
Vanillas are nice. I've seen a half dozen in person, and ridden two extensively.

I am a patient future Vanilla owner, as there are so many other fabulous brands out there, I can wait till it's my turn.

I am on the waiting list to get on the build list though, so it will be a while.

I have a very clear image of what I want, although that could change any number of times until we start the build process.

As for Sacha White lowering the quality of the frames, I couldn't imagine that happening. Ever.

As for retiring, everyone gets to eventually I should hope. More time for family and other pursuits.

Last edited by gomango; 11-08-10 at 06:45 AM. Reason: Didn't have coffee or glasses.