theroller
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Greenfieldja
If this is a legit post and not a troll:

You may have screwed up your headset and fork. Or all could be well. It depends on how you adjusted things after you removed the spacers. If you reinstalled the stem with indifference to the preload on the bearings then you may have caused irreparable damage to your headset and possibly the fork.
I hope not. How I can I tell? What is a preload?

I am not sure what you mean by "Now theres like gray part sticking out below the top cap", except that this is the upper part of your steerer tube left uncovered by the lack of spacers.
Grey part is the tube part.

If your spacers are rattling it could be that riding with the headset/stem setup without them for the duration you did caused damage that has everything seated in a way they normally would not and now the parts don't fit properly...or you need to tighten the top cap a bit more.
Cant remember if they like rattled before I went on the road. But its been weeks by now. I think I had top cap pretty tight.

Regarding angle...do you want to increase it? or decrease it? Perhaps you can flip your stem over to alter the angle in the direction you want. If that does not work you will have to buy a different stem that approximates the angle you desire.

-j
Dont know what is higher or lower? Just I want handlebar farther away from me because I cant make my seat any higher. What you mean flip the stem over?