Roasted
huffy owns

Bikes: Catrike Expedition, KHS XC 204 mountain bike, Nashbar SS Road Bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by svtmike
Don't worry about the number being different between the frame sizes -- whichever bike you buy, get the one that fits.

That is a let-down that the Secteur doesn't have the Apex crank. Manufacturers cheaping out on cranksets is one of the reasons I've taken to building my own bikes.
I'm not really worried about the number differences in terms of frame size. The point is I'm not comparing 54 to 56 of different manufacturers. I'm comparing the exact geometry specs down to the millimeter. I just was shocked to see the Specialized 56 was the right fit for me, yet the Specialized 56 is 10mm longer (top tube) than the Trek 56, yet I felt stretched out on the Trek... it had to have had an ultra long stem that I didn't realize. I'll check it out tomorrow, though. On the spec sheet the H3 56 looks REALLY comparable to the 56 Secteur, which I rode and thought felt awesome. With the Specialized fresh in my mind I hope to ride the 54 and 56 tomorrow in both H2 and H3 to see what I can find out.

But yeah, that was a definite -1 on Specialized to not see an external crank. It makes me wonder "hmm... what else did they cheap out on..." I'm trying not to let that factor into me going to the Trek since it's just a part I could upgrade, but I don't feel as though I should "have" to upgrade parts on a bike that "should" have been on it from day 1 anyway...