huffy owns

Bikes: Catrike Expedition, KHS XC 204 mountain bike, Nashbar SS Road Bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2ndGen
I'm 5'9".

I sat on a 54 Trek 1.5 and a 56 Trek 1.5 and a 58 Trek 1.5.
The 56 was the Baby Bear "just right" fit for me personally.
When I rode it, that's when I really knew it was the one.
I personally love to have the option to stretch out on long rides.
Your size will depend on your personal inseam/torso/arm measurements.

As far as I'm concerned, it's no contest.

Trek...all the way. While I love my CAAD9, the Trek 1.5 was superior on long fast rides.
It's like riding on glass...that's how smooth it is. It's regularly compared to decent entry level carbon bikes.
I miss that high tempo, high speed smoothness from it. That's why a carbon bike is in my future.
The CAAD is a frigin' awesome bullet of a bike, but I'm ready to start putting in some centuries now.

Try out a 56cm Trek just for *****s & giggles.
You just might find the riding experience different than the sitting experience.
And do yourself a favor...while at 15 mph, get up and sprint that female dog!
She's going to set you off as if you were launched by a big rubber band!
It's a really fun bike to ride and again...smoooooth!
Spec can't touch the Trek there.

I think you're at that stage where the ride will have to determine your pick.

If I remember correctly, Trek dealer's closer? Trek's cheaper? 150 5700 group?
And, (IMO) Trek's way hotter looking! But again, that's just my personal opinion.

Hurry up already!

You're missing good riding weather bro!
I'd be missing it regardless man. I'm bottlenecked by financial strain, not undecisiveness. Next paycheck I'll be able to drop the cash, so I'm sure then I'll be more of an impulse buyer.

Checked out the Trek tonight. In particular I concentrated on the 56 H2. Took it for a spin. I liked it. It had a 100mm stem, which gave me the feeling that a 110mm stem would be a BAD idea. If anything a 90mm would have probably put me in the sweet spot. But even with the 100mm stem, I liked the ride. I liked it more when riding than I did just sitting on it. At first glance sitting on it I felt like it was too much, but when I rode it I felt much more comfortable. Maybe last time I should have ridden it instead of just sitting on it and tossing it to the side.

I'm definitely siding with the Trek over the Specialized. I just feel a little more at home. I liked the Specialized, but ehh. Maybe not quite for me.

The bike shop also assured me that they will have a 56 H3 available next time I come in since there wasn't one there today for me to compare. Either way next paycheck I'll be walking away with "a" bike. This sucks too because I COULD get the bike now, but I'd be eating ramen for 2 weeks straight...