View Single Post
Old 11-14-10, 11:05 PM
kimconyc
Señor Member

Bikes: 2018 Lynskey R380 Ti | 2011 Hampsten Travelissimo Gran Paradiso Ti | 2001 De Rosa Neo Primato - Batik Del Monte, Genius | 1991 Eddy Merckx - Motorola, TSX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by pgjackson
I was looking at the "open road" picture thread and saw tons of really nice pics, obvisouly taken with serious cameras. I consider myself a fairly serious photographer, but have yet to take my nice camera on a ride. Just wondering what bag you use on the road. Backpack, mounted saddlebag...?
I took these: http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread...t-a-spinoff%29 and the photos in the open road thread with a Canon S90 P&S and I usually carry that camera in my right jersey/jacket pocket with the strap hanging out for easy access. I'm about as serious a photographer as I am a cyclist, which is not too serious--I just like to have fun doing both at the same time.

If I were a hardcore photographer, I would just get a touring bike with panniers and a proper camera bag for an SLR, multiple lenses and still carry a pocket camera for easy access (like random goats, bears, celeb sighting, etc).