View Single Post
Old 11-16-10, 06:22 PM
Bendico

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bbeck
hell dont worry about what others think. when i started riding i wore loose shorts so i wouldnt look funny riding my bike (as if the fact i was 350+ pounds on a bike didnt look funny enough) i ordered a pair of bibs and havnt looked back. after a year i have added a few jerseys to my arsenal i am still north of 300 pounds a little but i dont think twice about putting on my bibs and jersey. i am still big i am not going to win any sexy biker contest (if there are any) but i am comfortable and enjoying the ride. here is a picture from yesterdays Ride for Reading. you cant miss my im the 300 pound banana.
I could not agree with bbeck this more, I too was at 347 lbs when I started riding. I thought that mtb shorts would be fine and they did work I still use them today. But with that said I talked to the people at my lbs and got bibs and jerseys no logos on either and have never looked back either. I don't care what anyone thinks about what I look like on the trail or what the people at the office say. I figure I am out getting thinner and healther too and they are not. +1 for me -1 for them.. Oh yea I have been using the Aero Tech Designs shorts, bibs, and jerseys as they seem to be the only ones that have stuff for the clydes that fits right.

Last edited by Bendico; 11-16-10 at 06:25 PM. Reason: forgot something in post