Old 11-16-10, 08:49 PM
Nate552

Bikes: Orbea Orca Trek 5500 Trek Equinox

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by skydive69
the last test of helmets by a teammate of mine with John Cobb in the wind tunnel at Texas A&M showed the Uvex FP2 to be the fastest (and the Assos Chronosuit to be the fastest skinsuit).
I was there for your teammates test, tell him Nate said hi.

Originally Posted by skydive69
Some of our club members have booked the wind tunnel with John Cobb for two days early next week.
I just got back from this test session, it was good to see them again.

Originally Posted by Racer Ex
Nate here on BF helps Cobb quite a bit in the tunnel, I'll have to send him a note and see if he's going to be there with those folks. A2 is right up the road from you in NC, their rates are good and Mike and Cobb talk back and forth a lot; both guys are top notch. I'm considering another trip there over the winter...if you know exactly what you want to test splitting some time might be a viable option. You can do a fair amount with field testing but nothing is as good as the tunnel. We only tested the helmets at zero yaw but the swings in wattage depending on head position and bike setup were noteworthy.

Specialized stuff is tough to get deals on if you're not tied in with a shop that carries their product. They keep pretty close tabs on pricing over the Internet.
Spot on Kurt. Both are great options, Mike at A2 is top tier, as is Cobb with his years of knowledge. Sandy, if you want some insight to the ATM tunnel feel free to PM me. Field testing, while it has it's place, is just a piece of the puzzle IMO.

As for the Specialized helmet..... well, I've learned with helmets, without testing, you can't say what will or will not be fastest. Even 0 yaw can be deceiving. Sandy, ask your teammates when they get home. But, I wouldn't have the Specialized on my table to test. I'd have others.