Old 11-16-10, 11:35 PM
guybierhaus

Bikes: Flat bar road bike, trail bike and MTB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Well I made the decision to move 1 year ago. Sold my small car wash and 1 week later put money down on a new house in a 55+ community. In July I moved in. As per most modern homes, outside is all vinyl with aluminum fascia. So I figure I will have no exterior maintenance for the rest of my life. Small monthly fee (so far) covers grass cutting, snow removal and trash pick up. I moved to an area (Oley Valley) that is very popular with bicyclists. So I can ride right from my front door, rather then the 10 mile drive I took to get here and ride. Decent breakfast is just a 10 mile round trip by bike. All is well and I love it. On the down side, I've put off quite a few repairs to old house, usually to go riding. So this year riding is down while I clean gutters at old house (2 weeks ago), just used up a great riding weekend and changed 3 windows in old house instead. Looks like a couple more warmed days next week. I'd love to ride, but have some exterior painting to do. Lots of interior work this winter as well. Hopefully I'm done with everything by March and I can get a quick sale in spring. This was one decision I should have done years ago.